So random guy from Chemistry.com who invited me to ‘biker week’ last night and to see the Heart concert just called to see if I was up for meeting today (since I declined last night’s invitation). Seeing as I’m exceptionally bored (and trying my best to avoid everything that i need to get done today), I of course said yes. Er, we’ve never met and I’ve just committed myself to hanging onto the back of this guy for most of the afternoon while he tools around with his friends. Some would say this is a stupid idea. Others would say it’s an extremely stupid idea. You know what’s stupid? I’m not a ‘harley girl’, so had to ask what I should wear. Yeah, I was told ‘jeans and sturdy shoes’. Aside from the fact that it’s going to be 95 degrees today, I do not own whatever the hell ‘sturdy shoes’ are.
I don’t think I’ve ever been so dressed down for a 1st meet. Jean capris – oversized white ‘girly’ top with white tank under & white keds. Keds are sturdy right?
Before I go, let’s count up all the reasons that this is probably the dumbest thing I’ve done in a long while:
1) I’ve never met the guy and there will be absolutely no escape since we’ll be on the back of his bike and my car will be left far behind
2) his friends will be there
3) he could be an axe murderer
4) he could be boring as hell
5) he could be ugly
6) he could be planning on kidnapping me
7) he could be planning on pushing me off the back of his bike at a high rate of speed
8.) we could end up in a fiery heap somewhere
9) my hair will get messed up
10) my jeans are sorta tight (oopsie) and my ass is sorta huge
11) what if I don’t fit on the bike?
12) what if I fall off the bike?
13) what if I can’t even manage to swing my leg over the stupid thing to get on in the 1st place (due to said tight jeans & self proclaimed lack of coordination)
14) what if he smells?
15) what if I smell?
16) what if I scream like a little girl?
17) what if I hate him?
18) what if he hates me?
19) what if I swallow a bug?
20) what if a bird shits on me?
Oy – this has disaster written all over it! If you don’t hear from me later today, watch the news for the story of a 43 year old internet dating blogger who retardedly agreed to tool around town with a total stranger and may have ended up crashed into a tree/semi/minivan/pylon along the 101 freeway or Carefree Hwy. It’s been nice knowing you all ……………