Oh hell. What have I done? I have been trying to schedule myself with work, meet-up events (yes, with strangers) and seeing friends within an inch of my life so I don’t give my mind any time to linger on sad stuff, but today I found myself with nothing to do. So of course I logged into Match. That’s never a good thing. Note to self: Don’t log onto dating sites when you’re feeling sad and bored. No good will ever come of it. Actually we can make this another series in my ‘What Not To Do’ course of the ‘do what I say, not what I do’ learning plan. I’ll list out this helpful reminder for you all.
1) Don’t log onto and dating site when you’re bored
2) If you DO log on, certainly don’t communicate with anyone.
3) If you ignore that piece of advice too, then absolutely don’t respond to some bald guy with a huge smile who has a penchant for capitalizing ‘key’ words in profile. I don’t mean like ‘Great’, I mean like ‘GREAT’. Yup, scattered throughout his upbeat and Tony Robbins-esque profile.
4) If you do decide to communicate with this man, certainly don’t set up a date to meet (a coffee date no less)
5) If you send him a text as he requested do not be surprised when he sprinkles the entire thing with ‘AMAZINGS’ and other descriptors that he has no clue if you possess or not (I do, btw, but he doesn’t know that) 😉
I definitely would enjoy meeting you bc you possess AMAZING Energy!! Your smile is infectious! Not like a virus though… LOL.Let’s meet Monday for coffee or a drink and see if we possess AMAZING Chemistry together! I know You are an AMAZING WOMAN. Now just need to see if WE are AMAZING together bc I will not settle for anything less than that for myself or you!!
6) If you ignore every piece of advice that I just gave you, well, you would be me. Wish me luck tomorrow on my coffee date with the very high energy and somewhat annoying holistic doctor and motivational speaker (2 things of which I am not a fan).
OMG, I certainly hope he doesn’t yell key words when talking to me. If that’s the case, I may just have to THROW my coffee on him
In other news, I am off for yet another restaurant week meal with strangers tonight …… and then an outdoor concert with even more strangers. This is either going to be an awesome night, or just plain sad that I’m hanging out with people I don’t know because everyone that I DO know has fun plans with family/husbands/boyfriends this weekend 😦 I won’t even tell you that I am meeting a different group of strangers for breakfast tomorrow. Damn, now I’m just going to be alone and fat 😉