Tall, blonde & single. And home on a Saturday night with my dogs. Yup, sounds about right. I left
all 2 of you hanging yesterday by not filling you in on the reasons for my prolonged absence. If any of you are bored enough to be still with me from the beginning, or really at any point during the past 2 years, I know what you’re thinking. And sadly …………. you’re wrong. 😉 Aside from seeing him briefly 2 months ago on the day that I was dis-invited to his daughter’s high-school graduation party (yes, for the record, I’m still UBER bitter about that), I haven’t seen TD in close to 4 months I think. (rounds of applause would be much appreciated)
And while I wish I could regale you with stories of all the horrific dates I’ve been on, I haven’t been on any. I’ve been working and working and eating and drinking and going away for 5 days and then back to working. Yey. Although I’ve had a lot going on, none of it is all that exciting, interesting or worth writing about (much less making you read about it). Just to list out the highlights of the last month or so:
* 2nd job sucks …… as always
* primary business has been busy; which is good, but I don’t seem to enjoy it as much as I used to
* I am thinking about moving back to the place I visited over the 4th ~ it’s kinda small townish, but that might not be a bad thing for me. Plus it’s an entirely new dating pool of men for me to alienate/piss off/obsess over.
* I ‘get’ to have surgery in the next few weeks and have realized that for all my big talk about friendships and yadda yadda, I don’t really have anyone that I can ask to come take care of me. Quite the craptastic realization. As I live in a 2 story house and it’s knee surgery, I’m pretty much screwed for heaven knows how long……
* Thanks to aforementioned impending surgery, I am on medical leave from job #2 and while that makes me happy in some ways, the loss of a steady paycheck is going to hurt. Big time.
I think I’m having my annual midlife crisis. And yes, I know I have to come up with a different name for it as ‘midlife crisis’ shouldn’t be a yearly thing. I do wonder how anyone can just have one of those and magically be able to figure everything out ……..
OMG, I think this is just about the most boring post I’ve ever written. I kinda warned you though. Just because I have nothing else going on, I ‘un-hid’ my profile on Match for the next week before it expires. I’ve already had 4 grandfather’s, 82 bikers, 4 men from out of state, 3 men more than 2″ shorter than me and 1 ‘normalish’ guy contact me. I’m certain you can sense my excitement ………..