So we all know that I have a groundbreaking 2 dates this week. One with someone I was ‘meh’ about and one with someone that I am fairly excited about. Yeah, I know, that doesn’t bode well for me, but with my new and improved 2017 positive attitude regarding my love-life (see? I’m not even going to add ‘or lack thereof’ when mentioning my love life….oh, wait), I’m trying to keep those thoughts at bay. And I fully intend to fall in love on Friday. Shit, that’s night right either, is it?
So anywhoo, I have 2 dates lined up with 2 men that have completely different communication styles. Of course I prefer one style over the other, and although a combination of frequency and content would be ideal, that just ain’t happening….
1. Texts daily with a ‘hi’ a ‘how are you’ or a ‘good morning’. Oddly enough, his good morning texts usually come in around noon or 1pm. Huh….
2. His texts are not very engaging and are usually just a few words in response. As you well know from reading my blathering, I can TALK.
3. He picked a time and place for our date well in advance and has already reconfirmed with me.
4. He has told me how excited he is to meet me and actually asked if we could move our date up sooner
1) Does not text often, but when he does they are conversational in tone and go on for a while.
2) Although he locked down a day for our date, I am still awaiting information on time and location (tic toc, as I write this it’s 2 days before said date)
3) He has told me (repeatedly) how excited he is to meet me and that he wished that Friday would get here sooner, but hasn’t been in contact the past 3 days (yes, I keep track of these things – welcome to my world)
I’m sure you can figure out which one I am more excited about meeting. Of course it’s the one that does not check in often or put my overly imaginative/over-thinking/neurotic mind at ease.
I’m working on the whole ‘if it was meant to be, it will be’ as well as the confidence that I should have going into this and knowing that if he’s the guy I think he is, that I have nothing to worry about. Easier said than done. And to prove that point, I give you this post. We haven’t even met yet for shit’s sake. Why am I even thinking ahead on this? Oh, that’s right. Because I’m me ……….